When
I typed in Julian Castro on Google, everything was related to him and Hilary
Clinton being possible running mates for the 2016 presidential election. Is
this surprising? No, not at all. After Clinton announced that she was for sure
running for president everything about her blew up on the news. Who is viewed
as a possible running partner more than anyone? Julian Castro. So far, he has
not announced that he will be running as Vice President, and she has not
announced who her running mate is. As of now, everything is inferred that they
are going to be running together and as the days go on it seems more and more
likely.
Basically
all the information that I can find is related to two people, Hilary Clinton
and President Obama. As I’ve discussed before, Castro is heavily favored by
President Obama in many different ways. Obama has been a huge Castro supporter
since the very beginning, which is why he is the current secretary of HUD. When
it is related to Clinton, its all about how he is the most likely person to run
with Clinton. This is understandable. He is a well- liked member of the
democratic society, and is high up in Washington. When the news talks about
Castro in terms of Obama, they talk about how he is the “second coming of Obama”.
Some people speculate if Clinton is too old to be President or not, which is another
reason why many people are for Castro being the Vice President. The news also
talks about how Castro has been working hard to make his appearance or public
image strong as the secretary of HUD so more people will favor him running with
Clinton, and possibly as President somewhere down the line. As of right now, I
can completely see both of those things happening in the near future.
The second coming of Obama
Perfect VP for Clinton?



I found the same thing when I searched for O'Malley. Do you think all possible Democratic politicians are experience this same connection to Hillary?
ReplyDeleteI honestly was not involved in politics at all before this course and I have no idea who Castro is, no idea what he's done or anything. If there's voters who are like me, which I'm sure this is, do you think this hurts his chances for any position?
ReplyDeleteSomewhat adding onto what Abby said, do you think that all of these ideas of him running with Hillary would hurt his chances if he chose to run against her? Also, do you think that all of these posts are warming people up to the idea? If he were to be Hillary's running mate I think that these would be similar to what his campaign would be posting.
ReplyDelete