I
found a number of different campaign ads for Julian Castro throughout the
years. The most popular campaign that I could find advertisements for however
were for him running for Mayor of San Antonio in 2009, and for his re-election
in 2013. There was definitely an overall trend in these ads, that all seemed to
have the same target or strategy. Castro clearly did a good job during these ad
campaigns since he was the mayor of San Antonio from 2009 to 2014 and was
viewed as a great public figure.
Castro
most definitely had a positive campaign coordinator that did a great job. While
watching some of his ads, I could tell how strongly he felt about the issues
and concerns that he spoke about. It didn’t seem like he was running for Mayor
for himself, but for his city. Castro is viewed by the people of San Antonio as
a warm-hearted, and dedicated man to the city. He won continuously over the
years as a reason. The many issues that he touches on are concerns for
everybody in the city, and not just one or two different social classes. The
mix of image, and issue ads were perfect for him to use during this campaign. A
large city like San Antonio likes to see a family man that truly care about the
wellbeing of a city, and also somebody that will be completely dedicated. Since
Castro accomplished both of these, it was hard to look at other candidates
other than him. Overall, I think Castro’s campaign ads did a great job of
identifying him as a person, and politician.



Do you see a specific ad where it mainly plays on his image over issue? When I watched I saw a pretty good mix of the two.
ReplyDeleteCastro always has come off as a pretty positive guy, do you think if he ran for president we would finally see attack ads?
ReplyDelete